General Terms and Conditions for Online Product Sales
Effective Date: April 27, 2017
Welcome to www.lamer.eu (the “Site”).
The Site is owned and operated by Estée Lauder Cosmetics Limited (a company registered in England and Wales with company number 00659213 and a registered office at One Fitzroy, 6 Mortimer Street, London, W1T 3JJ) ("we", "us", or "our") from our offices at Constellation House, 3 Kites Croft Business Park, Warsash Road, Fareham, PO14 4FL, United Kingdom and not from any other location. Any translation of this page (or any portion of the Site) into a language other than English is solely for the convenience of our customers and does not imply, directly or indirectly, that the Site is operated from any other location or country.
By placing an order with us for products which are sold on the Site ("Products") you will be deemed to have read, understood and agreed to these Terms and Conditions ("Terms and Conditions"). Please read these Terms and Conditions carefully and, if you are unhappy with any aspect of these, then you should contact one of our customer service advisors before placing an order with us.
We amend these Terms and Conditions from time to time. Please look at the top of this page to see when these Terms and Conditions were last updated. Every time you order Products from us, the Terms and Conditions in force at the time of your order will apply to the contract between you and us. If we have to revise these Terms and Conditions and this has a material impact on your order, we will contact you to give you reasonable advance notice of the changes and let you know how to cancel the contract if you are not happy with the changes.
1. About Us
Estée Lauder Cosmetics Limited is a company registered in England and Wales with company number 00659213 and a registered office at One Fitzroy, 6 Mortimer Street, London, W1T 3JJ. Our VAT registration number is GB 193-0816-58.
Orders made on the Site will be processed and fulfilled in the name of one of our affiliates in the country where you reside (and have your billing address) (a “local affiliate”). These are our local affiliates by country:
Your billing address country:
Our local affiliate
Estee Lauder S.A.
Socosmet, Sociedade de Cosmetica, LDA
Estee Lauder S.R.L.
Estee Lauder Cosmetics S.A./N.V.
Estee Lauder Cosmetics GmBH
Estee Lauder B.V.
Prices for all Products are set by our local affiliates and may differ from country to country due to logistics and delivery costs that vary by country.
2. Other policies
The following additional policies (which can be accessed by clicking on the link below) also form part of these Terms and Conditions and should be read carefully before placing an order:
- • Privacy and Cookies Policy;
- • My Order;
- • Delivery Charges and Options; and
- • Shopping Online.
3. Our contract with you
- 3.1 Our local affiliate will notify you by email as soon as possible to acknowledge receipt of your order and to provide you with an order number. If our local affiliate is unable to fulfil your order following this acknowledgement, you will be contacted by email or telephone advising you of this. Acceptance of your order will be confirmed by an e-mail that confirms that the Products have been dispatched ("Dispatch Confirmation"). A legally binding contract between you and our local affiliate will be formed when we send you the Dispatch Confirmation (or, in the unlikely event that a Dispatch Confirmation is not sent due to a processing error, when our local affiliate dispatches the Products to you) ("Contract"). If you require any information concerning your order please email us at CustomerService@cs.lamer.eu quoting your order number. Your order may not be accepted if an item you have ordered is out of stock, if there is a Product or pricing error or if your payment is declined (or otherwise not authorised). Please note that we and our local affiliates reserve the right to reject any offer to purchase by you at any time.
- 3.2 Products may only be delivered to the country that corresponds with your credit card billing address.
- 3.3 If you wish to make a change to the Products you have ordered please contact us at CustomerService@cs.lamer.eu. We will let you know if the change is possible. If it is possible we will let you know about any changes to the price of the Product, the timing of supply or anything else which would be necessary as a result of your requested change and ask you to confirm whether you wish to go ahead with the change. If we cannot make the change or the consequences of making the change are unacceptable to you, you may want to end the contract (please see clause 5 below).
- 3.4 A Product will be your responsibility from the time the Product is delivered to the address you gave us.
- 3.5 You own a Product once payment in full has been received by our local affiliate.
4. Purchase related policies
- 4.1 The Products and services available on the Site, and any samples thereof we may provide to you, are for personal use only. You may not sell or resell any of the Products or services, or samples thereof, you purchase or otherwise receive from us. Please note that samples are subject to availability. We reserve the right, with or without notice, to cancel or reduce the quantity of any orders that we believe, in our sole discretion, may result in the violation of our Terms and Conditions.
- 4.2 The images of the Products on the Site are for illustrative purposes only. Although we have made every effort to display the colours accurately, we cannot guarantee that a device's display of the colours accurately reflects the colour of the Products. Your Product may vary slightly from those images. The packaging of Products may also vary from that shown in images on our website.
- 4.3 The purchase of Products through the Site is strictly limited to parties who can lawfully enter into and form contracts on the Site in accordance with English law.
- 4.4 You may only purchase Products from our Site if you are at least 18 years old.
5. Cancellation Rights
- 5.1 We hope that you are delighted with your order, however, because you are a consumer, you have a legal right to cancel your Contract under the Consumer Contracts Regulations 2013 from the date of the Dispatch Confirmation (the date on which we e-mail you to confirm our acceptance of your order) until the date which is 14 days after you receive the Products. This means that during the relevant period if you change your mind or decide for any other reason that you do not want to receive or keep a Product, you can notify us of your decision to cancel the Contract and receive a refund.
- 5.2 Your right to return goods does not apply to goods (i) made to your specification; or (ii) which have been clearly personalised (e.g. by being engraved) or (iii) which by reason of their nature cannot be returned or are liable to deteriorate or expire rapidly or (iv) where sealed goods have been supplied which are not suitable for return due to health protection or hygiene reasons, if they become unsealed after delivery.
- 5.3 To cancel a Contract, you just need to let us know that you have decided to cancel. The easiest way to do this is by contacting our Customer Services Team by phone: +800-55111770 (for all countries except Italy), +800-125594 (for Italy) (Monday - Friday 8am - 8pm, Saturday 9am - 12pm. Excluding Bank Holidays) or by email at CustomerService@cs.lamer.eu. If you are e-mailing us, calling us, or writing to us please include the details of your order to help us to identify it. A copy of a cancellation form may also be included in hard copy form with your order packaging. If you send us your cancellation form by e-mail or by post, then your cancellation is effective from the date you send us the e-mail or post the letter to us.
- 5.4 If you cancel your Contract our local affiliate will:
- (a) refund you the price you paid for the Products. However, as permitted by law, your refund may be reduced to reflect any reduction in the value of the goods, if this has been caused by your handling them in a way which would not be permitted in a shop (or you can choose to have such goods returned to you within 14 days of our notification that we intend to make a deduction). If you are refunded the price paid before we are able to inspect the goods and later discover you have handled them in an unacceptable way, you must pay us an appropriate amount.
- (b) refund any delivery costs you have paid, although, as permitted by law, the maximum refund will be the costs of delivery by the least expensive delivery method we offer.
- (c) make any refunds due to you as soon as possible and in any event within 14 days after the day on which our local affiliate receives the Products back from you or, if earlier, the day on which you provide evidence that you have sent the Products back to our local affiliate.
- (d) Your refund will be to the credit card or debit card used by you to pay. If you used vouchers to pay for the Products your refund may be in vouchers. You will receive email notification of your refund from our Customer Service Team.
- (e) Exchanges. If you indicate on your cancellation form that you would rather receive an exchange than a refund then this will be processed within 7 working days of receiving your returned goods and will be delivered via standard delivery. In these circumstances a new Contract will be deemed to have been formed in relation to the new Product you have selected (and your various rights of cancellation and return as set out herein will apply to that Product). In the event that our local affiliate is not able to satisfy your request for an exchange then you will receive a refund of the cost of the Products and the original Contract between us will be cancelled.
- 5.5 If a Product has been dispatched to you or you have received them before you decide to cancel your Contract:
- (a) then you must return it to us without undue delay (in the original product packaging if possible) and in any event not later than 14 days after the day on which you let us know that you wish to cancel the Contract;
- (b) You can send it back to our local affiliate with a completed cancellation form;
- (c) When returning goods please obtain a proof of postage (we do not accept responsibility for goods lost in transit) and ensure that the parcel is adequately sealed;
- (d) Customers wishing to return fragrance Products should have regard to any labelling and packaging guidelines produced by Royal Mail or any other courier that is used; and
- (e) unless the Product is faulty or not as described you will be responsible for the cost of returning the Products to us.
- 5.6 If you cancel your order but do not send off such goods to us within 14 working days of notifying us of cancellation, we shall be entitled to withhold payment of any refund.
6. Your other statutory rights to return Products under the Consumer Rights Act 2015
- 6.1 Because you are a consumer, we are under a legal duty to supply Products that are in conformity with the Contract. As a consumer, you have legal rights in relation to Products that are faulty or not as described. These legal rights (which are summarised in general terms below) are not affected by your right of return and refund in clause 5 above or anything else in these Terms and Conditions.
- 6.2 The Consumer Rights Act 2015 says goods must be as described, fit for purpose and of satisfactory quality. During the expected lifespan of your Products your legal rights entitle you to the following:
- (a) up to 30 days: if your goods are faulty, then you can get an immediate refund.
- (b) up to six months: if your goods can't be repaired or replaced, then you're entitled to a full refund, in most cases.
- (c) after six months (depending on the type of Product): if your goods do not last a reasonable length of time you may be entitled to some money back.
7. Our liability for loss or damage suffered by you
- 7.1 We are responsible to you for foreseeable loss and damage caused by us or our local affiliate. If we fail to comply with these terms, we are responsible for loss or damage you suffer that is a foreseeable result of our breaking this contract or our failing to use reasonable care and skill. Loss or damage is foreseeable if either it is obvious that it will happen or if, at the time the contract was made, both we and you knew it might happen, for example, if you discussed it with us during the sales process.
- 7.2 We do not exclude or limit in any way our liability to you where it would be unlawful to do so. This includes liability for death or personal injury caused by our negligence or the negligence of our employees, agents or subcontractors; for fraud or fraudulent misrepresentation; for breach of your legal rights in relation to the Products as summarised at clause 6 and for defective Products under the Consumer Protection Act 1987.
- 7.3 We only supply Products for domestic and private use. You agree not to use the Products for any commercial, business or resale purposes, and we have no liability to you for any loss of profit, loss of business, business interruption, or loss of business opportunity.
8. Transfer of rights
We may transfer our rights and obligations under these Terms and Conditions to another organisation, and we will always notify you in writing if this happens, but this will not affect your rights or our obligations under these Terms and Conditions. You may only transfer your rights or your obligations under these Terms and Conditions to another person if we agree in writing.
In case of complaint about your online purchase, you may contact us at: CustomerService@cs.lamer.eu.
10. Law and Disputes
These Terms and Conditions shall be governed by English law and proceedings may be brought in relation to the matters set out herein in the English courts.
Copyright © Estée Lauder Cosmetics Limited. All worldwide rights reserved.